Current Watches and Warnings
Nevada, White Pine County
Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 2:43 AM PDT on September 21, 2014
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on September 22, 2014
207 am PDT sun Sep 21 2014
The National Weather Service in Elko has issued a
* small stream Flood Advisory for...
White Pine County in eastern Nevada...
this includes the cities of... Shoshone... schellbourne... Ruth...
Preston... McGill... Lund... lages Junction... Great Basin National
Park... Ely Airport... Ely... Cherry Creek... Baker...
* until 845 am PDT/945 am MDT/
* at 239 am PDT/339 am MDT/ an area of thunderstorms with moderate
to heavy rains was moving north out of southern Nevada toward White
Pine County. This complex of storms will produce briefly heavy rain
over a period of several hours. Local flooding is expected in small
streams... normally dry washes... and low spots. Even after the rain
stops in a place... runoff will continue for a time after. Do not
think that just because it quit raining... that the flooding is over.
It always floods after the rains stops.
Rocky terrain will be especially prone to flooding... and old burn
scars will allow rain to run rapidly off and make flooding worse.
Remember this simple rule... if you come to a flooded or closed
Road... turn around. Don't drown. In the dark you won't see the water
until you are in it.
Lat... Lon 3867 11406 3867 11500 3917 11591 3945 11591
3959 11581 4013 11583 4011 11403
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through this evening...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of east central Nevada... north central Nevada...
northeast Nevada and south central Nevada... including the
following areas... in east central Nevada... White Pine County.
In north central Nevada... northern Lander County and northern
Eureka County and southern Lander County and southern Eureka
County. In northeast Nevada... northern Elko County... Ruby
Mountains/East Humboldt Range... south central Elko County...
southeastern Elko County and southwestern Elko County. In
south central Nevada... northeastern Nye County and
northwestern Nye County.
* Through this evening
* widespread rain and thunderstorms are expected across central
and northern Nevada today. Very high moisture levels will allow
for efficient rainfall production... with excessive rainfall
rates and amounts from the strongest thunderstorms. Rainfall
amounts will average one quarter to one half inch for most
locales... with local amounts as high as 3 inches possible.
* Areas most prone to flash flooding include small creeks... dry
washes... and burn scars near steep mountainous terrain. Rock
slides and debris flows are possible in steep terrain... in
addition to erosion of gravel and dirt roads.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
Statement as of 2:28 AM PDT on September 21, 2014
... Record high temperature set at Eureka Airport NV...
the high temperature of 85 degrees at Eureka Airport NV yesterday
tied the previous record. The previous record of 85 degrees was set
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Areal Flood Advisory
- District of Columbia - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Guam - Areal Flood Advisory
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Maryland - Flood Watch / Flood Statement
- Michigan - Special Statement
- Montana - Record Report
- Nevada - Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- New York - Areal Flood Advisory
- North Carolina - Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Ohio - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Oregon - Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Hydrologic Statement , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Special Statement
- Virginia - Coastal Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report