Current Watches and Warnings
Massachusetts, Western Essex
Areal Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:36 PM EDT on October 22, 2014
Expires 11:00 AM EDT on October 23, 2014
... Flood Watch remains in effect through Thursday morning...
The Flood Watch continues for
* portions of Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire...
including the following counties... in Massachusetts...
Bristol... Essex... Middlesex... Norfolk... Plymouth and Suffolk.
In southern New Hampshire... Hillsborough.
* Through Thursday morning
* an area of heavy rain will over spread the region this evening.
Periods of heavy rain will continue at times through Thursday
morning... before tapering to scattered showers by Thursday
* A widespread 1.50 to 2.50 inches of rain is anticipated... but
localized 4 inch amounts are possible. This may result in
pockets of localized flooding... especially in urban areas.
A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible
flood warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be
prepared to take action should flooding develop.
Statement as of 7:11 PM EDT on October 22, 2014
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on October 23, 2014
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 8 am EDT Thursday...
* location... interior northeast Massachusetts
* winds... north 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Timing... the strongest winds will occur tonight with gusts up to
50 mph possible.
* Impacts... these strong winds may result in some downed tree
limbs and even isolated power outages. The heavy rain combined
with many fully leafed trees will likely exacerbate the
potential for downed tree limbs.
A Wind Advisory is issued when sustained winds are forecast to be
31 to 39 mph or gusts will range between 46 and 57 mph. Winds
this strong are capable of Downing small tree limbs and
branches... possibly causing isolated power outages. Driving can
also be difficult... especially for high profile vehicles.
For the latest updates... please visit our webpage at
You can follow US on facebook at
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 9:12 PM EDT on October 22, 2014
The following are unofficial observations taken this afternoon and
evening for the storm that has been affecting our region.
Appreciation is extended to Skywarn spotters... cooperative
observers... media and Highway departments for these reports. This
summary is also available on our home Page at weather.Gov/Boston
***********************peak wind gust***********************
Location Max wind time/date comments
... Bristol County...
Fairhaven 52 758 PM 10/22 West Island
... Essex County...
Rockport 53 710 PM 10/22 amateur radio
5 WNW Beverly 47 520 PM 10/22 ASOS
Marblehead 47 714 PM 10/22 amateur radio
... Middlesex County...
Cambridge 46 602 PM 10/22 amateur radio
Wakefield 45 737 PM 10/22 trained spotter
... Norfolk County...
3 SSW Milton 49 504 PM 10/22 ASOS
Cohasset 46 710 PM 10/22 trained spotter
... Plymouth County...
Scituate 50 644 PM 10/22 Humarock section
4 SW Plymouth 46 426 PM 10/22 ASOS
... Suffolk County...
1 N East Boston 51 515 PM 10/22 ASOS
Winthrop 47 452 PM 10/22 amateur radio
South Boston 46 515 PM 10/22 trained spotter
... Washington County...
Charlestown 47 600 PM 10/22 amateur radio
Block Island 46 515 PM 10/22 AWOS
Location wind time/date comments
... Suffolk County...
1 N East Boston 41 528 PM 10/22 ASOS
- Alabama - Frost Advisory
- Alaska - High Surf Advisory
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Frost Advisory
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Frost Advisory
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Maine - Coastal Flood Statement, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory
- Massachusetts - Coastal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Montana - High Wind Watch , Record Report
- Nebraska - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Record Report
- New Hampshire - Coastal Flood Statement, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- New Jersey - Record Report
- New York - Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Frost Advisory
- Ohio - Frost Advisory
- Oregon - Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Rhode Island - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Frost Advisory
- Texas - Areal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Statement , Special Statement
- Vermont - Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Frost Advisory
- Washington - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - High Wind Watch